Thursday, August 25, 2011

Poor Girl's Microdermabrasion

Hello there, I'm back (for now). With no class, internship or real job yet- one would think that my life is going pretty slowly right now. I wish that were true. But with the job-searching, application filling, and stress of having my last paycheck deposited, things have not been going smoothly. Although after getting some great news today; I noticed in the mirror that these past two weeks have been visibly wearing me out. My skin was splotchy, bumpy, uneven, dull and tired-looking. It's a sad and unpleasant experience. Not having enough money for professional microdermabrasion, I put together my poor girl's version. I like baking a lot, so I always have extra baking soda around. But most people, bakers or not, have baking soda (and if you don't its super cheap!) It has other purposes also (cleaning, polishing stainless steel, baking, deodorizing, settling upset stomachs, whitening teeth... just get some!) Follow this recipe:


3 parts baking soda (I did 1.5 tp)
to
1 part water (.5tp)


mix into a paste, adding a little more water if you desire. It should stick together enough for you to rub on your face. Apply it all over your face & rub gently in circles. Don't go too overboard with the scrubbing or it will sting. Rinse off with lukewarm water & apply your normal moisturizer. 


Your skin should be soft and glowing afterward.


p.s. if your skin is really sensitive, you may want to do less baking soda or more water :)

3 comments:

  1. Resurfacing, I organize my poor girl's version. I like to bake a lot, so I always have extra baking soda around.

    microdermabrasion

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if you are worried about your bones crack, make sure to try this miracle food and see the difference in the amount of the week.

    Powdered Biological Maintainer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Microdermabrasion treatment at a spa is often expensive and people who want to save money prefer home treatment.

    microdermabrasion

    ReplyDelete