Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Projects: Part 1

A few years ago, Cory and I rented a house with a big kitchen that was, oddly, small on counter space. So, I began searching for a piece of furniture I could convert into a "kitchen island."

{old kitchen, dyi kitchen island}

I went to Old Lucketts Store and scored this little cutie. Originally, it was basically orange with a thick layer of polyurethane. YIKES! I painted it and added some wheels. I wanted to replace the hardware at the time but my favorite options from anthropologie weren't exactly in my budget.

When we moved into our current house I needed a dresser not a kitchen island. I popped the wheels off and that was pretty much it, until recently...


I removed the old hardware and sanded the dresser first. Then I added a few coats of fresh paint (fishermans net, Olympic).


I had been stalking the hardware section at anthropologie for a while. I just happened to find these knobs on SALE (in store) for $2.95 each. Can you believe it?! I think they were originally $12 and destined to be mine (obviously). 




I decided to paint the inside of the drawers as well. They seem so fresh and new now.



~L

No comments:

Post a Comment