Monday, July 23, 2012

Minty Green Tea

Each week the cafe at my job releases an infused water or tea (pretty fancy for a hospital cafe, right?) Some of my favorites are peachy-lemon, citrus, and minty green tea. I personally love this ice-cold, especially since it is the middle of july and 90 degrees. In a joint effort to drink less soda and alcohol during the week, I made this for Andy and I at home. Another plus-- we have a wildly growing mint bush on the deck that benefits from a trim. I imagine it could be adapted easily to be served warm, instead of a pitcher, just use a tea-pot.


Nothing could be easier:

5-10 sweetmint leaves (vary according to your desired minty-ness)
4 green tea bags
quart of boiling water & quart of cold (omit the cold if making hot tea)
sweetner (sugar, honey, stevia, splenda, agave, whichever you enjoy)


add your mint leaves, sweetener and tea bags. Pour your boiling hot water over it all and steep for 3-6mins. Remove tea bags and add cold water. Stir and pour over a large glass filled with chunks of ice.






hope you love it,

m

No comments:

Post a Comment