Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grapefruit Mint Cocktail





Grapefruit may be an acquired taste for some lighthearted individuals; but I've been throwing back this sweet, but mostly sour juice since forever. Andy won't touch it; big baby. So if I've got some leftover (which I normally don't) I try to think of different ways to use it.


I, like most girls, find that mixing alcohol with lemonade or orange juice is delicious. So the other day it hit me! Why not use grapefruit juice instead of my other tried & true citrus mixers? I was pleasantly surprised at how very refreshing, slightly sweet, adorably pink and pretty delicious, this summertime cocktail turned out to be. Yet another crowning achievement for the grapefruit. I hope you enjoy. And if you don't like grapefruit, that's okay. This also works well with lemonade, pomegranate juice, orange juice, etc. Have fun mixing it up. (It can easily be a virgin cocktail as well, just omit the rum and sugar).


2 shots of rum
1/2 C Grapefruit juice
1/4 C seltzer water
2 tp fine sugar
mint leaves to taste
ice


Mix all ingredients in a glass for two servings, or double it for a pitcher



thanks for reading,

m



No comments:

Post a Comment