Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mango-Ginger Smoothie

Andy & I are heading out early this Friday morning for a wedding in Georgia! We will be gone for 3 days, tucked away with good friends in a little cabin in the woods. We are so excited; and I have been running around getting things together for our trip (3oz bottles, finding the chargers for my kindle, cell phone, ipod, and gps, buying magazines, make-up, etc). Today while I was out running my errands it was a muggy, balmy, miserable 95 degrees. I could feel myself wilting and I headed home for some much needed refreshment.


I was really inspired by Lauren's Fat Free Vanilla Frozen Yogurt recipe but tragically I don't have an ice cream maker, or enough greek yogurt for Lauren's recipe- So I'm improvising and making a Mango-Ginger smoothie.


First off; I love both mango and ginger. So I tend to have both hand. For smoothies however, I normally like most of my ingredients to be frozen. I think smoothies, especially on hot days, should be ice cold and the right consistency. 


I usually keep my gnarled hand of ginger in the freezer anyway. It is so much easier to grate and slice when frozen; and the flavor does not suffer at all during its visit in the deep freeze.


Onto the mangoes- I usually buy 2, eat 1 and chop the other and throw it in the freezer for afternoons like this one. (Trader Joes has good frozen mango chunks, and is actually where I bought my frozen Pineapple tidbits for this recipe)


Okay so enough about ingredients, on with the recipe:


******************************
Mango-Ginger Smoothie


1/2 cup chopped, frozen mango
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1/2 banana
1 Tb ginger (grated or in a chunk)
1/2 cup water










Just blend, pour, and enjoy!








Have a great day!

m

No comments:

Post a Comment