Monday, June 20, 2011

Piece Of Cake!

Happy Monday,
This past weekend I headed home to celebrate Father's Day and my grandma's birthday. I baked my go to chocolate cake in my mom's kitchen. I love this recipe so much. It's not too sweet, has great texture, comes out perfect every time and I always have the ingredients on hand.  
My grandma loves flowers, so instead of writing on the cake or decorating with sprinkles I took a trip out to my mom's garden. 
 
FYI I never bake the cake for the full 35 minutes as indicated. As soon as the cake pulls away from the sides of the tin I take him out of the oven.

I mix this cake up in a food processor. First I add granulated sugar and give it a blitz, until it's super fine (no need to buy superfine sugar). Then I add everything else, wet and dry together. It's sooooooo little effort and a huge pay off!

I clipped the flowers earlier in the day and placed them in a glass of water until I was ready to use them. Before we headed to the party I stuck the flowers into the cake. If I decorated the cake early in the day the flowers may have wilted. I wonder what tricks professionals have up their sleeves...
~L



No comments:

Post a Comment