Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's My Jam.

Michaela came for a visit this past weekend (huspaz together at last ;-)). Among other fun things we hopped over to the farmers market on Saturday morning. We walked past adorable bundles of fresh flowers, veggies, berries, fresh breads, local honey and cheeses. I was surprised by how fragrant everything was. I mean, you don't walk into Wegmans and smell the onions, peppers, garlic or herbs unless you are right on top of them (not even then sometimes). I guess that's just another perk of farm fresh food. 

I wanted to bring home a little souvenir. One vendor had tables lined with stacks of homemade jellies and jams. There were a bunch of different combinations to choose from.  Plum and sour cherry had me at hello, but Cory pulled the reins in and we came home with a classic berry combo. 


Cory and I spread the sweet jam over whole wheat toast. So yummy! The whole kitchen smelled like fresh jam after I opened the jar. More good news- once the jam has been devoured (I'll give it 2 weeks)  I'll still have a cute little jar for a tea light, or more jam. Think I can bring it back and ask for a refill? ~L

No comments:

Post a Comment