Monday, May 23, 2011

AHHH!! My Thumbs Are Turning Geen

Didn't mean to send you into a panic. I don't have an infectious, skin discoloring disease. I am simply having great luck in my first ever garden. So far, I have planted basil, rosemary, chives, mint, parsley, tomatoes, lettuce, red pepper and strawberries. Everything is doing great so far, and don't tell my Mother, I am sort of enjoying the process. 

Boy is it a process! I wanted to make sure everyone (everyone?? Look at me talking about plants like they're people....) was planted just the right way, with the perfect amount of sunlight and organic fertilizer. I have already been able to enjoy a handful of the sweetest strawberries and tons of fresh herbs. Here is a sneak peek. It looks a little boring now. Can't wait to write a post once all the plants start producing!
Noticed a couple of my cheery tomatoes coming in!

 I think something is about to happen with my red pepper plant.


These are the flowers on my strawberry plants. So Cute! (side note... like I said before this is my first garden, so I didn't know that those flowers turned into the actual berries. I'd be lying if I told you I didn't pick a handful, put them in a little vase and then wonder why my strawberries weren't growing...oopsies)
See, I figured it out!

I spotted this little guy out there too.

 Happy gardening! -L

1 comment:

  1. Lauren I have never seen pink strawberry flowers before! those are gorg!

    ReplyDelete