Tuesday, May 24, 2011

While Water Boils

Tonight we're having pasta tossed in a rich, meaty red sauce with basil, ricotta and a ridiculous amount of pecorino romano cheese. The whole world and all it's problems simply passed us by. Tonight Cory and I sat, together, while the water boiled. 
To anyone who is reading and who cares, Cory is basically the coolest guy ever. He is helpful and kind and it is nearly impossible to stay mad at him. I can't tell you how much I enjoy sitting in our picnic table sipping on cheap wine and watching Lucy chase the squirrels out of our yard. I'm sure there are a lot of people with bank accounts as big as the moon who would tell me they have it better, but I think I'd have to disagree.
This is just extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt, pepper and a little rosemary. We like to dip our bread in it.
Couldn't help sharing this photo. It's the dress I'm wearing and our newly painted picnic table.
Here's dinner. I enjoyed it as much as my company.
-L

2 comments:

  1. I need the recipe for your pasta. And yes this is a need, not a want, situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what I like better, the pasta, the bread, your dress or what you said about Cory!

    ReplyDelete