Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Anthropologie Wall Art for $0

I love the store anthropologie; I love the clothes, the books, the housewares, the decorations, and especially the jewelry and candles. But damn is it expensive. Since I am on a tight budget as far as food, rent and gas are concerned- I don't have a lot of wiggle room in my bank account for copious amounts of inspiring art for my walls. 

After making trips to anthropologie, my hands may be empty, but my little creative mind is full. They always have beautiful pieces/decorations around the store, and more often than not they use common household items like newspaper, cupcake liners, and even dixie cups! The following project can be made by you, for $0. I am saying $0 because for me, and many of my friends, scissors, tape and paper towel rolls are usually already around the house.

*******

Step 1

Collect your items.

start with as many paper towel rolls as you want, I have used four so far, but I am planning on making my flower much larger. 

{You can save up your paper towel rolls and even toilet paper rolls for this project over time}

Gather up regular or double-sided tape and a pair of scissors.



Step 2-

Flatten your paper towel roll



Step 3-

Cut 1/2 inch strips out of your flattened paper towel roll



Step 4-

Using your tape, connect the pieces of cardboard into a little design, you can do a star, flower, vine, etc. anything you like



Step 5-

keep adding onto your design until it looks perfect to you. 

oh and don't worry about people being able to see the tape or little printed words on the strips, when its up on the wall, you can't see the little things at all.









thanks!

m





2 comments:

  1. You're amazing. I wish I hadn't gone all eco-friendly and started using microfiber cloths. Think Mother Earth will understand if I start buying paper towels again??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I'll probably end up using toilet paper rolls. I made a wall display made out of coffee filters inspired by anthro. I just love their wall displays. I want to fill up my whole house with them!

    ReplyDelete