Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nice to meet ya!

Hello out there! My name is Lauren and I live in Fredericksburg, Virginia with my boyfriend Cory and our dog Lucy. About a year ago now Cory and I packed our lives into Rubbermaid bins and cardboard boxes and headed north following college graduation. We hit the ground running and started working and exploring our new surroundings. We live really close to our families, but sadly are far from our closest friends, Andy and Michaela.
  For almost a decade, Michaela has been my go-to girl for everything from fashion advice to navigating the weary waters that are young adulthood. She is an endless inspiration for me and, although we were separated during our college days, we still had month long breaks and 3 day weekends to catch up. Today, we are separated by some 300 odd miles, hectic work schedules and other obligations. Basically, I miss her a lot. Facebook, Skype, e-mail and text messages just weren’t enough. I wanted to show her the strawberries growing in my garden and the latest cocktail I’d concocted. I wanted to see her new apartment and the new city she was living in. So, I asked Michaela if she wanted to start a blog with me. It could be our little place on the world wide web where we could share the little things; those tid bits that you might forget to talk about once you met up again. So here goes. Cheers to a new project and catching up with best friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment