Friday, May 20, 2011

May Twentieth

Today when I got home from work, I stepped outside onto my porch and just had to take some pictures of the glorious progress in my container garden. Look down to see a little bit of what we're growing...



This is my first time growing Japanese Eggplant, and while it is still just a small little thing, I am already falling in love. The stems and bases of the leaves are a beautifully deep, velvety purple. I can't wait!


Lovely, isn't it? Nasturtium flowers are a vivid orange, the blossoms explode and pop out prettily around my deck. Another perk is that they are edible. I'm thinking that chocolate ganache cupcakes with a vibrant Nasturtium on top would be perfect.


Last but not least, my romaine and butter lettuce have been growing so quickly that I can barely keep up. To grow your own, see my post titled "Window Box Lettuce"

Happy Friday

m


No comments:

Post a Comment